What is so special about the St George Utah area? Two things.
What is so special about St George? Two things.
- Tuacahn Performing Arts and… What’s playing at:
Tuacahn Performing Arts What’s Playing
Honorable Mention- St George Musical Theater
Honorable Mention- Celebrity Concert Series
Honorable Mention- Dixie State Ticket Office Events
- Your day side trips.
Tuacahn Performing Arts & Amphitheater
Quote from Tuacahn's website:
Perhaps the greatest thing that has transpired over the last 20 years is the transformation of an obscure amphitheater somewhat isolated from the nearby communities of Washington county, Utah into a real community asset and statewide gem. “We had no idea in the beginning how Tuacahn would help fuel the local economy like it has over the years,” says Kevin Smith. “We truly look at ourselves as a community asset as we now draw 80% of our patrons from out of town. They are sleeping in local hotels, eating in local restaurants, and buying other goods and services. It’s estimated that Tuacahn this last year contributed $75 million in terms of economic impact to our local economy; second only to Zion National Park.”
See the full article on Tuacahn's website here.
Tuacahn is where the outside red rocks are your amphitheater- setting for many popular plays and performances. They are really special, we’ve had ones such as:
- Broadway in the Desert
- Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Seven Brides for Seven Brother
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Singin’ in the Rain
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- Disney’s Tarzan, Aladdin, Mulan, Marry Poppins, and two different seasons of The Little Mermaid
- Les Misèrables
- The Wizard of Oz
- 2016 they anticipate shows Peter Pan, Wonderland and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Special Day Side Trips
Truly the closer special daily side trips for me & others have been:
- Top Golf Courses in St George
- Zion National Park- you can explore the scenery or locations, watch an Imax movie of the area, and do small to longer hikes. The monolithic cliffs have no end to capturing the imagination if you get up into them. Buses can take you there. Also, you can hike and adventure all kinds of areas, like the narrows. Come repelling down the many canyons- you have to get a permit for these as groups galore do this. You can take the bus systems and explore several scenic areas
and stroll into areas for hiking like Emerald Pools or Weeping Rock.
- Pioneer Park
- Snow Canyon State Park
- Pine Valley Campground
- Red Cliffs Recreation Area
- St George Temple
- Snow Canyon Trail Rides
- The St George Tabernacle
- Brigham Young Winter Home Historical Site
- Jacob Hamlin Home
- Sightseeing Tours
- Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum
- Town Square Park Hit the county library while you are there, it is fun to see that historical yet newer building of that old sandstone brick outside. The inside has an older flare, yet newer.
Further away Special Day Trips are:
- Lake Powell & Wahweap, the second largest man-made lake in North America- most do not realize that we are two and half hours from Wahweap, one of Lake Powell’s more popular House-boating Resort and Marinas. From there many points of interest and activities abound.
- Bryce Canyon National Park (Reviews)
- North Rim of the Grand Canyon (Reviews)
- Kolob Canyon
- Duck Creek up out of Cedar City
- Capitol Reef National Park (Reviews)
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Escalante Petrified Forest.
These are just some of the special day side trips.
These are a couple of things of what makes St George such a special place to live or recreate to.
Post a Comment