Tips for Using Our St George MLS
Try these tips for searching off the St George MLS to make your search easier:
- Do you want to select multiple criteria? Just hold down the control key while single left clicking various choices. This appears to not be available when selecting Regions.
- The category Amenities contains many good features: 55+ Community, Casita, Handicap Features, Horse Privileges, Mother-in-Law Apt, REO/Bank Owned, Second Kitchen, etc.
- Do you want homes near the water, like real estate near a reservoir: Try Dixie Springs as a subdivision. You can also try Retreat at Sand Hallow Resort or Dunes of Sand Hollow Resort. You can also under the category View, select "Lake".
- Do you want homes with a pool? That is available above, most would check "In-Ground".
- Do you want only homes that are more rural. Just select under Region the areas of Hurricane Valley, NW Washington, NE Washington or Zion. All these areas are more rural in nature.
- Do you wish to select only those properties only with RV parking? It is available above now under the category called "Parking Description".
- Do you wish to target areas with optimal Views? If I was doing it I'd select "City View", ["Lake"], "Mountain", "On Golf Course", "Valley", "View", & "View Golf Course". It is available now above under "View". I targeting main areas with views, you could select: Stone Cliffs, Green Springs, all of Snow Canyon areas as well as most of Ivins and Santa Clara. Everything out in Washington Fields tends to have a view as well.
- Also, Cul-De-Sac or Secluded Yard are found under the category "View".
- Do you want to target just the new homes? Then just type in the year built 2017+ or whatever year on up you'd like to target.
- For HOA fee, anything above $180 a month would be a little more on the heavy side with some communities having enough amenities to make that higher amount worth it and some not. If limiting HOA dues I'd go $160 and under, as sometime you can get Cable or something like that, that would immediately put it sometimes in the tolerable limits for what you are getting being substantial enough. Many times, if I wanted a lot of grass in the development, I would not eliminate up to that $180 as sometimes this can be what costs more in maintenance around here.
St George MLS Listings
St George MLS listings hold within them an arrangement between all realtors, both sellers agents and buyers agents. The listing agent will typically list the home for a 6% commission, with 3% going to the listing side and 3% going to the selling side (or the Buyer's side). The split commission becomes an incentive for agents to help represent buyers and take them to houses on the MLS. If the listing agent represents the buyer also, he/she gets both commissions, "double-ending" the transaction. Some agents will focus mostly in working with buyers as buyers agents. The listing realtor also has motivation to bring as many of their own buyers to that listing in order to represent both sides of the sale. This Broker 'Co-operating arrangement involved helps get things sold, while maintaining societies interest for choices involving representation through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)where we have a concept called Broker Reciprocity. This is how Brian can represent you on any property.
Man, Land and Country- Brian's philosophy of doing business and regarding the property exchange process.